Sunday 2 March 2014

The other big news

As I mentioned yesterday, I had planned another big news. The thing is it was so big I didn't have time to get it all ready. Mostly Google's fault (they wouldn't let me create another blog because they thought I was a robot).

So here it is: this is a bilingual blog!

Yes, you've read me correctly! If you look on the top right hand corner below the header, you'll see a pretty little butterfly. If you click on it, it will take you to a different world the French version of my blog.

Now what I originally wanted was one-to-one correspondence between all the posts and pages in both blogs. Which I found how to do. But I can't because, stupidly, the permalinks have to be exactly the same (except for the blog's name) and because most of the English posts were written last month, they don't match. I've tried to manually edit the links, or fiddle with the date of the posts, but nought will do. I might change it in the future, once I have enough posts for it to make sense, but in the meantime let me know if this works.

I haven't translated all the posts because some of them were little updates that didn't really make any sense a week later. I also haven't put any excerpts, because, well, I haven't got any French excerpts to put on. This might all change, though, because I am seriously considering translating the book into French when I am done with editing the English version. First I need to figure out if anybody would even remotely be interested in that, because it's going to be a lot of work.

In the meantime, happy reading if you can read French. If not, well... now's a good time as any to start learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like messages. Come and say 'hello'.
If you can't post messages, try using a different browser. Mozilla doesn't like me.