Monday 24 February 2014

Mess! (and cat)


This is my mess (cat optional). 



It’s all the notes and bits I’ve accumulated over the years. If you look carefully you will be able to see:
- 3 notebooks (including one in French)
- some doodles - actually, no, the cat is lying on those
- the feedback report from the book doctor (sad face)
- postcards I’ve collected for inspiration
- pictures I’ve taken on a trip to the Broceliande forest (more about this later!)
- and lots of loose pages, because it would seem I write on random notebooks or bits of paper that are not my actual writing notebooks, and then I end up with, well, this.

However it’s only the tip of the iceberg, because being modern and all, I now have a writing software, scrivener, where I store all my background information. My book, on the other hand, is in Word, for technical reasons that aren’t really interesting and a bit stupid on my part.

On the screenshot from my Scrivener sidebar you might notice that I have procrastinated taken the time to add little icons for each subheading. Aren't they pretty! You might also see the background information on my world include: politics, economy, education (obvs!) and clothes. In fact the last one is perhaps the most extensive. If you are interested, I have a pinterest account with a lot of pictures I have wasted time finding painstakingly collected.

World building is one of my favourite parts of writing fantasy (the other one being, you know, the actual writing), so I might be temped to post more about that later on. Let me know if that would be of interest.

6 comments:

  1. Oui ! That would be great !
    Question : le chat était attiré par le mess ou par la perspective de poser et de faire la belle (ou les deux) ? ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elle a accouru des que j'ai mis les papiers par terre.

      Delete
  2. That would be VERY interesting \o/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of the pinterest collections are REALLY cool. other than looking pretty, what do they all mean?

    ReplyDelete

I like messages. Come and say 'hello'.
If you can't post messages, try using a different browser. Mozilla doesn't like me.