Tuesday 29 July 2014

Three days to go!

I have been terrible at posting lately, and it's showing in my stats. In fact it's NOT showing in my stats, because there is nothing to make stats with: that's how bad it's been.

But fear not, I have not forgotten you, faithful readers. I have been busy! I have, in fact, been writing.

The NaNo started hesistantly, but since being on holiday I have done quite a lot of catching up. Now I have three days left and 7500 words to write (current word count is exactly 17474). 2500 words a day: it's doable.




But more than finishing the NaNo, I want to finish my round of edits. Not the nitpicky sentence-level stuff, the 'changing what happens' kind of editing. Still, I've done the bulk of the work now, which means I am left with the tricky bits. Some of it requires changing the point of view of characters in a scene, some of it inserting some scenes or rewriting others. It's more sublte than 'simply' adding a chapter, and it's making it more difficult to pile on the words.

So... think I can do it?

The answer in three days. In the meantime, feel free to place bets on what my final word count is going to be. If I get more than 5 comments (I know, I aim high...) I will post a brand new extract on Thursday evening!


9 comments:

  1. Alors, je parie sur 26k ! Tu y es presque ! Gogogo !

    ReplyDelete
  2. allez Soyouz derniere ligne droite! Je serai curieux de lire l'ouvrage final! louis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merci Caro et Louis! :D
    Louis, pas de pari?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Je parie pour 25k perso ^^ Courage Soiz' *\o/* (Oui ceci est un smiley pompom girl)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Il te reste 30 minutes !!!
    Go go go!
    Sinon, gare aux fouets!
    Je veux lire un extrait moi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merci Laumie et Chatou!!! Mais il me reste 1h30, ici (hehe, je suis a Londres, moi!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Petite chanceuse ! (Pour être à Londres, pas pour le 1h30, parce qu'en terme de temps pour finir le Nano, je gagne !)
    Et qu'est-ce que tu fais à trainer par ici, retourne au boulot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Felicitation pour ton succes cette mois. Je voudrais donner a toi un photo d'un chat mais c'est pas possible. Voila - un chat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Slightly late, but... THANK YOU EVERYONE!! Your earned some surprises!

    ReplyDelete

I like messages. Come and say 'hello'.
If you can't post messages, try using a different browser. Mozilla doesn't like me.