Monday 13 April 2015

Some other people's thoughts

Hello world!

I have been very busy editing during the Easter holidays - you can follow my adventures on my new facebook page - but it's not left me a lot of time to post on the blog. I have lots of blacklogged ideas for posts, but it will have to wait until the weekend, when I'll (hopefully) be finished with my current round of editing.

In the meantime, though, other people have written interesting stuff.

Catherine, a fellow writer and teacher, did a survey of what 13-year-old girls in her class were reading, and she found some cool things. Mostly I noticed none of them were reading unheard-of indie authors. *cough*

Harry Bingham of the Writers' Workshop, did a timely survey of authors and what they thought of their publishers. The verdict? Grumbling but not quitting. That being said, it doesn't make you want to work with publishers (but more on that later...).

And finally, I came across this blog post debating the usefulness of book reviews in driving book sales. It uses personal experience and some stats to back up its ideas, and it's well worth a read.

As for me... well, I'm only 15 000 words away from the end, so I'll resurface with my own thoughts when that's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like messages. Come and say 'hello'.
If you can't post messages, try using a different browser. Mozilla doesn't like me.