Saturday 17 May 2014

Setbacks


I am told every good story has setbacks. It can’t all go according to plan,

By those standards this is a good story. The story of a girl trying to write a book. First things get in the way, like quitting her job and having to spend all her time finding a new one. Then she is ‘sent’ on new missions that distract her from her main goal. For example, she decides to go to a festival and sew a costume in spite of the fact that the last thing she made was six years ago and she isn’t sure she knows how to work a sewing machine any more. She has no time for her book, and she keeps on saying, ‘I’ll write soon, when I finish the costume. I just need to…’ But each time, there is something else she hadn’t planned, like washing and ironing the fabric and pinning the selvages together. Just when she thinks she is ready to sew (not long until she can get back to writing) the evil cat decides to throw up on the fabric, rendering all her efforts useless. Now she needs to start all over again! Will she be able to do everything in time for the festival, or will it have all been in vain?

Now in a good story, she would double her efforts and finish everything just in time. There would even be great action music in the background.

Right now, though, I’m doubting my life is a good story. Just feeling like giving up. And like shaving my cat so she doesn’t throw up fur balls on my stuff anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Un article, un article. Je veux un nouvel article !

    ReplyDelete

I like messages. Come and say 'hello'.
If you can't post messages, try using a different browser. Mozilla doesn't like me.